Sewing a Bridle
This how-to video is on tying knots and sewing loops in Nylon® strap for use as the bridle of a parachute recovery system (running time 11 minutes).
Here are the highlights from the video:
- Cutting Nylon strap and melting the end
- Making a loop with a knot
- Using clips to hold the strap together
- Planning the sewing pattern
- Using the hand sewing awl
I purchased my Speedy Stitcher sewing awl from Strapworks.com. They also have a great selection of various types of rope, strapping and hardware.
See the Speedy Stitcher instruction sheet for more info on the tool.